Everyone say hello to Ruger! This our boy, Ruger. He cut his paw and it would not stop bleeding. We were stressing out about how to care for him on a Saturday night. Thanks … Read More
Serving the regions of Lincoln County, Action for Animals Maine has a mission to help pet owners in desperate need of financial assistance to support emergency veterinary care for their beloved animals. Funded by donations, Action for Animals Maine contributes financial aid to approved applicants to help pay for emergency procedures, hospitalization, medication, or veterinary follow-up with the goal of extending the lives of pets.
Why You Should Support
Action for Animals Maine
We Have A
Our foundation will keep animals with their loved ones for years to come.
Donations are Fully
Our foundation has 501 (c)(3) tax status. Upon request, we can provide a letter of tax substantiation to donors to verify contributions made to AFAM.
Helping to Keep
Our foundation provides funding to cover urgent veterinary care for pet owners who otherwise would not be able to afford to pay for life-saving procedures.
We Serve All of
Our foundation provides support for pet owners in Lincoln County. Our goal is to expand our support to a broader area of Maine in the future.
Financial Assistance for Veterinary Care
If you are seeking financial help for urgent medical treatment for your pet, please note that you must be a resident of Lincoln County, and you must complete the application process as follows:
- Complete the online application form here
- Submit the application form to us, by clicking on the “submit” button
- Additional required documents must be included. Applications cannot be considered until all documents are provided. These additional documents can be sent to us via e-mail at [email protected] or by fax at 207-633-6522.
- Care Credit denial notice
- A photo of the pet to be helped
- Proof of Lincoln County residence (utility bill, driver’s license, etc.)
Anyone can help that loves animals and there are several ways you can help support this wonderful cause.
- Through volunteering to help at special events and charity drives
- Becoming a dog walker to those who cannot perform this task
- By donating non-expired dry or canned pet food items and treats
- By providing new animal play toys for needy pets
- Donate funds which will go directly to animals in need.